K917 comes in an aerosol spray format. It works by creating a vapour cloud around the dog’s muzzle, masking the inhaled air with the smell and taste of our patented formulation. The unique blend of natural food grade oils distracts and redirects the misbehaving dog’s attention. The effect usually last 10-20 minutes, during which time the professional can remove themselves from the situation.
K917 comes in an easy to use hand held aerosol spray format and requires no formal training for use. Simply follow the instructions below remembering to try and stay calm at all times.
- 1Be prepared – make sure you know where the can is and that you can reach it easily
- 2Stay calm
- 3Direct the spray nozzle at the misbehaving dog’s muzzle
- 4When the dog is within 3-5 metres press the nozzle for as long as necessary – ensuring a ‘haze’ of the contents is between you and the dog, ideally at the head height of the dog
- 5On entering the ‘haze’ the dog will become disorientated and distracted – and quickly withdraw
- 6Repeat use as necessary until the misbehaving dog withdraws
K917 is available in two easy to use formats. 50ml and 600ml sprays.
K917 products are suitable for use for 12 months from sale and have a ‘use by’ date on the bottom of the spray. After this time the spray should be disposed of and replaced to ensure product performance when it is called upon.
A K917 product should only ever be used once and then replaced with a new unused spray, no matter how little of the contents you believe has been deployed.
This is the only way to ensure that there is sufficient protection for any future incident.
Please follow the storage instructions below.
- Protect from sunlight
- Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°c
- Do not pierce of burn, even after use
- Do not spray on a naked flame or incandescent material
- Keep away from sources of ignition
- No smoking, during or shortly after use
- Please recycle when empty
In addition, if you are planning to store the product before issuing to staff, the following additional guidelines should be adhered to;
- Storage areas should be cool and well ventilated
- Do not store aerosols near stock room entrances and exits. Adequate access gangways should be provided and maintained to enable the stock room or store to be evacuated rapidly
- Do not store aerosols near any source of heat
- Do not store aerosols in direct sunlight
- Do not allow smoking in storage areas
- Take care when splitting up packs of aerosols – the use of knives or sharp implements may pierce cans. The use of a concealed safety knife is recommended
- Make sure that stacks of aerosols are level and stacked evenly. This will ensure that they do not spray off before they get to the customer
- Do not put heavy items on top of aerosols
- Be careful when you are moving aerosols around and make sure that they are not damaged
- Do not move stacks of aerosols by pulling them by plastic shrink wrapping
- Remove damaged or leaking aerosols immediately and take them to a well ventilated area (ideally outside) where there is no source of ignition
- Avoid keeping aerosols in basements
- Bear in mind that aerosol propellants are heavier than air and so, if the aerosols are leaking, the flammable propellant may collect at low points or in basements
- Never incinerate aerosol products regardless of whether they are full or empty as this can be hazardous to personnel
Whenever possible, we would always recommend recycling your cans after use. 76% of local authorities in the UK accept empty aerosols for recycling, in either kerbside collection boxes or in can banks. In areas where your local authority uses magnetic extraction, your aerosols will automatically be recycled. Empty aerosols should be treated simply as metal cans and added to your can recycling box or can bank.
You should always report a dog bite or dog attack to the police. This will force awareness of a potentially dangerous animal and ensure appropriate safety measures are taken and further attacks avoided.
K917 is formulated with natural oils and therefore poses a low risk to both humans and dogs. However, like all natural oils, exposure may have adverse effects in certain circumstances and if the product is not used correctly. In these circumstances, the first aid measures are as follows;
Inhalation: Move into fresh air and keep at rest. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
Ingestion: Immediately rinse mouth and provide fresh air. DO NOT induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately.
Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
Eye contact: Immediately flush with plenty of water for up to 15 minutes. Remove any contact lenses and open eyes wide apart. Get medical attention promptly if symptoms occur after washing.